Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Teachers use Adobe PDF to print almost everything.  As a teacher, I know you probably think that you spend WAY too much money on ink and paper.  I know I do!  But, what are you gonna do?  Not have quality teaching materials?  NO!

No matter what you teach, there is something here for you!


Because I don’t like spending a big chunk of my salary on paper and ink, I have come up with 8 money saving tips and tricks using the Adobe MULTIPLE Setting!  Disclaimer!!!  I probably wouldn't do these on graded work because I wouldn't want an excuse for a student's lack of success to be associated with the size of the activity.

Tip # 1 – I have, Who Has? Activities

Usually, teachers create I Have, Who Has Products about 4 per page.  They don’t actually have to be that big.  I have found that making them smaller, not only saves me ink, paper and basically MONEY, but the kids LOVE the smaller cards.  Check out the pics below of how you can turn an I Have, Who Has? activity in to a Station Activity.

After doing the I have, Who Has activity with the entire class, it can be moved into a center/station.  The cards are small so they won’t take up much space.  Kids can just line them up until they come to the last card.  They love this!  It can be done independently or with a partner/group.




Here are the Adobe printer settings that I used to make these cute little cards.



https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/I-Have-Who-Has-Sight-Words-STATION-ACTIVITY-3360292




Tip # 2 – Booklets

This year, around Christmastime, our school was being a little stingy with paper. (eye roll, LOL)

I wanted to make a fun booklet for my students but I didn’t want to get busted for using a ton

of paper.  So here’s what I did.  I made the booklets, but I made them mini booklets so it only took a fraction of the paper.  Here how I did it!

Here are the printer settings that I used to make these adorable little Busy Books.  They just loved them because they were so cute and little. This booklet has cut and paste activities, so I had to make them one sided.  If your booklet doesn't have cut and paste, you would use even less than this.  You could also make the booklets half sheets instead of quarter sheets.





Tip #3  - Task Cards 
Much like I Have, Who Has? Cards, Task Cards don't need to be as big as they usually are.  You can save a ton of card stock and ink if you print them smaller.  Here is a set that I scaled down to half the size.  They are still plenty big enough for your students to write on with their dry erase marker.  

 

Here are the print settings I used to make these HALF as Big.




https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Fraction-Task-Cards-Halves-to-Eighths-Grades-1-2-3017970




Tip #4  - Word Searches

Word Searches are SUPER FUN for Kids anyway, so why not make them even MORE Fun!?!  Check this out!

Look carefully at the printing directions for this one.  



If you only want one page on the sheet 4 times, make sure to look at the "PAGES" section on the print directions!




Tip #5  - Posters

Have you ever wanted to give every single one of your students a helpful colorful poster to put in their Reading or Math Notebook?  To do this, it would be crazy expensive and full sized pages wouldn't fit anyway. 
But... If you shrink them down to about 1/4 the size, it is pretty doable, even if they are in color.  

Posters are so useful for teaching skills. 

Here is how you print these mini posters, 4 per page.

https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Phonics-Posters-1272163






Tip #6  - Clip Cards
Clip cards are pretty fun for kids.  They really like them and they can do them OVER and OVER and they don't seem to mind.
Most Clip Cards are about 4 to 6 per page.
If you make them smaller, they are super cute and the clothes pin still fits in the space.  Check out these Rhyming Clip Cards.

Here are the print settings I used to make them 16 per page.
Cha Ching!  That's a huge savings!




Tip #7  - Interactive notebook inserts


Interactive notebooks are soooo popular and they really work great for making work interactive.  It may be a stretch for some interactive notebooks, but see what you think about this... 



Depending on the Math Notebook you are printing, you might be able to pull it off having 4 per page.  Or maybe 2 per page...




Tip #8  - bingo dabber games



My students LOVE playing BINGO DABBER ANYTHING!! 

So, if I could print half as many of the games and still keep them happy, that would be great!  This worked out perfectly! I used a small paper clip on the small game and a larger one on the full sheet.  The dabber sponges were not a problem for the small sheet. 


Here's how to print 2 per page.



I hope you now have some new information that will help save paper, ink and especially money!

Leave a comment if you have other ideas for using the ADOBE multiple setting to save money.

Thanks for stopping by!

Carrie



1 comments:

Alison said...

This is such a HELPFUL post! I knew about multiple pages on one sheet, but I couldn't figure out how to do the same page 4 times! Thanks to you, I now know the trick :)